FSU - Campaign Coordinator (Ethical Finance)
The Finance Sector Union is the union of one of the biggest and fastest growing industries in Australia. We organise workers across Australia’s bank, insurance, credit union and superannuation employers.
Our Ethical Finance Project is focused on improving human rights standards across the finance sector through campaigning and advocacy.
The FSU has a supportive team culture of innovation, and transformation to achieve the best outcomes for our members.
As Campaign Coordinator you will work with the Campaign Manager to develop and implement our Ethical Finance Project.
Your responsibilities will be:
1. Develop campaign strategies and plans
- Work with the Campaign Manager to develop, plan and execute our Ethical Finance Project to build power with our members through Union growth, member engagement and activism.
- Track and measure our campaigns to ensure we’re meeting our Union’s goals. Work with our team members to ensure that they are able to achieve their campaign goals, and adjust tactics as needed. We are outcome-focused with a fail fast, learn fast culture.
- Build strong relationships with our members, leaders and allies across the finance sector and civil society. We are a member-led Union and our members are engaged in and lead all of our Union’s work.
2. Lead a high performing team
- Develop and lead a national team of organisers and digital campaigners to execute our Ethical Finance Project. We form multidisciplinary teams to meet our campaign goals, so you will also lead industrial, admin and communications people when they come into our campaign teams.
- Oversee the implementation and co-ordination of team activities with a focus on working in an innovative and agile way. You will ensure that we have our people allocated to the most strategic work.
- We have diverse teams with a range of backgrounds, so a key element of this role is the ability to inspire our team to make their best contribution. You will focus on fostering a supportive team culture where sharing best practice is encouraged and embed a culture of continuous learning.
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working for or being actively involved in a trade union or similar not for profit organisation.
- A commitment to building an ethical finance sector, with an understanding of human rights, especially in relation to worker’s rights.
- Demonstrated experience of organising, campaigning, building power, engaging people and mobilising them to take action.
- Demonstrated experience leading team members to achieve their goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to and enthusiasm for trade unionism and social justice.
Salary Range and Role Location
The salary for this role will depend on experience. We would encourage people with salary expectation around $100,000 to apply.
The FSU has offices in each state and this role can be based out of any of them. Working from home and flexible working hours are available.
If you’re interested in this role, we encourage you to reach out for a discussion. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
If you’re ready to submit your application now, please send through:
- A copy of your resume; and
- A statement of no more than 300 words covering:
- Why you’re interested in this role;
- What makes you the best candidate; and
- Your vision for an ethical finance sector.
Closing date 5pm Friday, 15 July 2022