FSU - Ethical Finance Campaigner (Flexible Location)
The Finance Sector Union is people across the finance sector coming together to improve our lives. From technology professionals in superannuation funds to bank tellers, we are a diverse union fighting to make a better finance sector, and a better society.
In this role, you will work in our Ethical Finance Project to improve human rights standards across the finance sector through campaigning and advocacy.
Organising is at the core of everything we do. The finance sector is evolving and growing fast - our Union is innovative and we campaign to win. We are member-led and take on some of the most profitable companies in Australia. If you love a challenge, let’s talk!
As an Ethical Finance Campaigner, you will:
- Work with our Ethical Finance Campaign Coordinator to develop and execute campaigns to build an ethical finance sector;
- Understand and communicate what an ethical finance sector is and how we achieve it;
- Work with our members and workplace leaders to build strong, sustainable Union communities;
- Grow our Union community through cutting edge organising and campaigning;
- Be passionate about social justice and union values and will work hard to make a difference to members’ lives.
- A passion for worker’s rights and commitment to human rights, trade unionism and social justice;
- Excellent communication and rapport building skills – this role is perfect if you’re a people person!;
- Ability to motivate and develop members and leaders, including identifying education opportunities and delivering informal training;
- Ability to make assessments, then develop and execute a plan to achieve outcomes;
- Experience in trade union or other social justice organising.
Salary Range and Location
The salary for this role will depend on experience. We would encourage people with salary expectation around $75,000 to apply.
The FSU has offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. We welcome applications from people in any location (even outside these cities).
The FSU is open to flexible working arrangements, full-time, part-time and outside of normal business hours. Working from home and flexibility are part of the culture at the FSU.
If you’re interested in this role, please feel free to reach out for a discussion. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
If you’re ready to submit your application now, please send through:
- A copy of your resume; and
- A statement of no more than 300 words covering:
- Why you’re interested in this role;
- What makes you the best candidate; and
- What an ethical finance sector looks like to you.
If you have any questions, please send an email to Nicole.email@example.com.
Applications to Nicole McPherson, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 5pm Friday, 22 July 2022